Monday, June 6, 2011

OMFGWTHIWWP........

Okay, I had an interview today at 1 pm. That made me hopeful and happy. Happy is rare for me these days due to CRAP constantly being flung at me by the universe. I know I know, cry me a river and build me a bridge blah blah blah. I know most of the country well the WORLD is having financial troubles but hey. I am kind of focused on MY SURVIVAL. I digress.

Now, granted I should of see the signs poking me in the face, but I was putting a little hope into this possibility. It was with AT&T (they pay good) through an outsourcing agency. I've dealt with them before, a little red tape here and there, but not too much of a fuss. I get up early, like 5am to start getting ready ( shower, shave, iron, put on my smell pretties). I am dressed and ready and I have my roommate Bob drive me to the campus so I can print out some resumes. I get on the bus at 8:30, and ride and transfer and ride for 2 hours or so. woo...hoo... Anyhow, I arrive very early, its like 10 something.

This is where it gets a little off. The building, its not a corporate building, or a strip mall kind of thing. You expect an outsourcing thing to be in a certain kind of environment. OH, awesome part, I had to walk 2 blocks from the bus stop to the building in a suit and tie in the sun blah blah....so HOT, and I am not talking sexy. Any-who, the building seemed to be an old renovated apartment building.  From the outside you wouldn't think any kind of business would be there, not a clue. BUT once you walked into the center of the small "complex," I have to say...It was quite POSH. Beautiful amazon topiary, a rock water fall leading into a Koi pond, WITH REAL KOI. I was a little bit awed..it was pretty. Though it was a bit of a maze to find the right apartment though.

Once inside I am greeted and I say what I am there for. The receptionist makes the "here's your sign" remark that I am early. I figured that the bus system has boo boos here and there and I would rather be early than late. Well the guy said he would go ahead and see me because I was there.

Once in his office I take a seat. Normal interview protocol. BELL #....I've lost count, goes ringing in my head. There is NO EQUIPMENT, not even a computer, just a desk some chairs and a calendar...But remember I am hopeful. He proceeds to tell me about the company and what they do. Fiber optic thingys available where they weren't before, internet blah blah blah. Then the big zinger...I ask about pay. Come to find out the company is a COMMISSION PAY ONLY COMPANY... oh hell to the no. At that point, hope flew away. He sells his heart out trying to convince me before I have to go into the LOGIC of how things work in reality.

Bottom line..I HAVE TO HAVE STABLE BASE PAY...people can't live on the maybe of a sell. Its idiocy, or at least that's how I see it. Others might not have that opinion. If you are one of them SHUT UP, go get your own blog. What makes matter worse is the fact that it is a DOOR-to-DOOR saleman thing..UMM, its 2011, the 50s were 61 years ago.

I have no car, no license and the bus is my only way to travel. Needless to say I wasted my day on a fruitless dead end. Its back to the inter webs I go. Hi ho hi ho, hire me or you blow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment